We respect your privacy
The privacy of individuals is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding personal privacy. We will not share your information unless we receive your consent or are otherwise permissible to do so by law.
Your personal information
Personal information that may be requested or provided by you includes, but is not limited to:
- Your name
- Contact information, such as your email address
- Location data
- Information automatically collected by our software which includes your IP Address, cookies data, performance specifications of the users hardware and software, date and time access on our portal and the URL of the page requested
- Information about your experience in our online platforms
- Information you provide us if you complete or submit any forms to us
- Communication with any other users in our online platforms
- The contact details of third parties you may have provided to us. We ask you to ensure that you have gained permission before sharing this information
- Any other personal information you have provided us in our interaction with you, information you have shared on our online platforms or if you contact us directly, provide feedback or make a complaint. This can be via email, post, telephone, online platforms and the ‘contact us’ form on our website
- Personal information we have asked you, to gain access to or support you to use our online platforms.
Collection of personal information
Active information collection
Active information is personal information we may collect when you actively provide it to us. This means personal information that you have provided by:
- Completing and submitting forms to us
- Information you choose to share in our social media platforms
- Communicate with us or other members who use our online platforms
- Contact us directly in person, or via any medium, including but not limited to, email, mail, telephone, online platforms or forms that you complete and submit to us.
Passive information collection
Certain information can be collected without you actively providing information to us.
This means we collect information without direct interaction, this may include:
- Using various technologies, such as Unique Device Identifies (UDI), cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection such as server logs etc. In some cases, this information is considered anonymous or personal information under the Act
- Collecting information which tells us about visitors to our online platforms. We may collect information about the location, date, time and duration of visits and what pages are most commonly accessed. This information is not generally linked to the identity of these visitors
- Our online platforms may also collect anonymous information or personal information from your device through cookies and Internet tags or web beacons. You may set your browser to notify you when a cookie is sent or to block or refuse sending cookies. Certain features on our online platforms may not work without cookies, and this may limit your ability to use it
- We may use anonymous information or personal information we passively collect to test, customise, compile and analyse statics and trends which aim to provide better services to our users
- Cookies and other technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly or indirectly to us or to third parties authorised by us to collect information on our behalf
- By accessing our website, applications or platforms, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
The collection of personal information is not intended for, nor directed to, persons who are under the age of eighteen (18) years old. People who are under eighteen (18) years old may only use our online platforms with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Our moderated private social media page (communities of practice) is restricted only to adults 18 years and over. Members of this community will be asked to submit their acceptance and understanding of these moderation rules before entry is accepted.
Purpose for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information
Personal information will be collected, held, used, stored and disclosed for the primary purpose of:
- To maintain functionality of our program
- To send you any technical, administrative or legal notices, whether or not these are important to our program
- To respond to enquiries, feedback, complaints or complaints handling
- To improve our program and systems administration
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research
- To the extent permissible by law
- For any purpose that may be deemed ‘reasonably necessary’ by us in these circumstances.
Disclosure of personal information
We reserve the right to use or disclose any information, including personal information, as needed to satisfy:
- Any law, regulation or legal request
- To protect the rights or property of us, or any member of the public
- To protect the integrity of our program
- To fulfil your requests
- To cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
Protection of personal information
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of all personal information we may collect.
Storage and security of personal information
We will take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded.
The information is stored on secure servers. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases, these facilities may be overseas or may be operated by cloud computing.
Therefore, the transmission and exchange of information is carried out at the users risk. We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us or receive from us.
Links to other websites
Our website, applications and platforms may contain links to other websites or organisations which may be of interest to you.
We do not accept responsibility or imply any endorsement of the content of these third-party websites.
Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices, and we encourage users to check with these website owners for their respective privacy policies, practices or statements.
We do not accept liability for the conduct of any third-parties or organisations linked to our program.
Access and correction to your personal information
You have the right to access and review your personal information that may be recorded on our database or kept by us. Information may be reviewed by contacting email@example.com. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
We reserve the right to refuse access to any personal information we may hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Act.
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary, your membership is active or as needed to facilitate your use of the program.
If you no longer want us to use your personal information, you may choose to close your membership to our program. However we may retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with any legal obligations we may have, or to resolve disputes.
Changing and deleting personal information we hold about you
Personal information held by us may be deleted if you send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
Where we have decided to delete the information, you agree that deletion of information may result in us being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions or other content.
Enquiries and complaints
If you feel like your privacy has been violated or breeched in any way, you can make a complaint.
If you have any enquiries or complaints, these can be directed to:
Mamre Senior Operations Manager Postal address: 40 Finsbury Street, Newmarket
Telephone: 07 3622 1222